Fall Book Release!

Champion's Sword, coming this fall!

At the end of July, I applied for my third copyright! I'm in my first round of content edits, and so far, everything is going smoothly. I'll follow that up with a second round, zeroing in on individual sentences and paragraphs. Then it's spelling and grammar, cover design, and publication!



Reading . . .

My Lucky Charm by Courtney Walsh

Christian Romance


Here and Now by Henri J.M. Nouwen

Nonfiction


The Rule Book by Sarah Adams

Romance

*Sensitive readers: This book contains language and spice. The author kindly notes this at the beginning of the book. She also lets the reader know what part to skip if you'd like to avoid an open-door scene. Oh, how I wish more authors would do this!


The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli

Iskari, Bk. 2

YA Fantasy

I've read this once or twice before. It's just a really good romance and sister story.


Loyally, Luke by Pepper Basham

Christian Romance

This book reads like a light fantasy (set in the imaginary country of Skymar) with Hallmark-y vibes (he's a carpenter, and she's "secretly" a princess).


Assistant to the Villain by Hannah Nicole Maehrer

Assistant to the Villain, Bk. 1

Fantasy

I came across this book while searching for cozy, light-hearted fantasies. I was surprised to see how incredibly varied the reviews were online, not that I ever put a lot of stock into what people say in the comments on Goodreads. Honestly, I don't get 1.) how people can be so darn mean & 2.) why people openly admit that they didn't even finish the book before proceeding to tear it limb from limb. *Huffs.* Okay, rant over.

I loved this book. I'd like to call it a parody, but that doesn't quite do it justice. Evie desperately needs a job and sort of accidentally ends up with one after a run-for-your-life meet-cute with the Villain. There's a crown-wearing frog sidekick who communicates with handwritten signs, a dragon trainer who gets injured by said dragon on the daily, and the boss likes to hang the heads of those who've crossed him from the ceiling in the foyer.

There is some language, and the author gives a trigger warning concerning issues like assault and troubled family situations. However, this book is, for the most part, a fun little romp. I was laughing and smiling throughout while also being pleasantly surprised to find some lovely moments of depth. Highly, highly recommend if you're looking for a fun can't-put-it-down read!



Music . . .

"Eye of the Untold Her" || Lindsey Stirling



Blessings,

J


Comments

Popular Posts