3/3/20



It's often the simple things that make life worthwhile, is it not?

As a proud aunt, I have to tell you the highlight of my day was clomping footsteps breaking the quiet. It was quickly followed by a voice shouting, "Jessitta! Jessitta! Jessitta!" I scooped up that little bean in my arms to give him a big hug.💙

I hope you find something sweet in your week as well. A text from a friend. A word of encouragement. A joke that makes you laugh until you cry. A song you fall in love with and sing at the top of your lungs. A sunshine filled day.

Speaking of sunshine, February is over! Sunnier days are coming!
But if it's still dreary and cold where you are there's always a good book and a hot cup of coffee to bring one cheer. As always, feel free to steal from my reading list.😉



My February Reads

From Darkness Won by Jill Williamson
This book, this entire series, was absolutely amazing. They are probably the biggest books I've ever read. A lone exception might be Grimm's Fairy Tales. The ending (how Achan defeats darkness) was certainly not what I expected, but Jill did not disappoint! I look forward to reading more of her books.
Five stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Sleepless (Vol. 2) by Sarah Vaughn
Graphic Novel. As with the first book, I read this to complete a reading challenge. I probably would have read the second volume regardless. The story was interesting and the artwork was beautiful. Vol. 2 also has bonus artwork at the end by various artists. There were some really gorgeous drawings.

*Note: There are only two books for February because 1.) February was short. 2.) I've been trying to read two nonfiction books while reading these. But let's be honest, fiction is more fun!



Currently Listening To

"Foreverglow" by Lindsey Stirling



Fundraising Raffle

Congrats, Liana Resnikoff!
You are the winner of our fundraising raffle for author Mary Weber. You should be receiving your signed copy of A Desperate Love very soon!

Thank you to everyone who participated! I heard there were people who gave even without entering the raffle. I know you've blessed Mary and her family. So thank you!!!



Sky in the Deep Read-Along

Author Adrienne Young has been hosting a read-along for her book Sky in the Deep on Instagram. I have so enjoyed following along and revisiting the world of the Aska and Riki. This is the final week to join in. If you've already read Sky (or maybe you're just a super fast reader) you can still get in on the fun. Friday there will be a Q&A box on her story highlights. Then Sunday she does an IG live video and answers the submitted questions.
You can still catch her Behind the Book videos on her IG TV after this is over. Adrienne shares a lot of fun things in the videos. You should totally check it out!



Blessings,
--J💜

Comments

Popular Posts