Skip to main content

A Cowboy/Farm-Themed One๐Ÿค 

 I took a break from content edits this week since I've been busy with work and such. The garden is in full swing, and I've been harvesting, peeling, chopping, and freezing. Most of my zucchini is in the freezer waiting to be used in future dinners, while the cucumbers are getting chopped up and eaten right away. Between my husband and I, they only last a couple of days. I'm equally excited and nervous about the tomato plants since I have several. Because I don't can, I might be looking at giving some away. Maybe that can be a future project.๐Ÿ˜‰



Reading . . .

I only have one book to share this month, The Cowboy's Game by Cindy Steel. Recently, I've had a lot of books I've started then set aside or decided not to finish. You wouldn't know that from the literal basket of books in my living room, but here we are.๐Ÿ˜‚I'm reading a romance and a nonfiction right now, so stay tuned. As for The Cowboy's Game, it's the third book in Cindy's Pride and Pranks series. It's not my favorite in the series but still highly enjoyable. Eventually, I hope to get ahold of Stranded Ranch (book 1.5). It's the only one in the series I haven't read yet.



Music . . .

Lone Survivor | Shaboozey

If the main character in my romcom had a playlist for the book she's writing, this would probably be on it. Fun fact: Before I started writing My Sci-Fi Library Romance, I was actually working on a western-inspired fantasy. Rather than let it go entirely to waste, I decided to pass it on to Lark. It doesn't feature much in the book, but I like that I have this secret view into what she's working on. And I can always incorporate more about it into any future books. *shushing face emoji* Ironically, my playlist for the western fantasy is around two hours long. The playlist for MS-FLR has five songs. Guess you can't judge the likelihood of me actually running with a project based on playlist length.๐Ÿ˜‚



YouTube . . .

Becoming a Farm Girl

Cassandra is a teacher who lives in a townhouse, but she doesn't let that stop her from living a "farm-fresh life." She utilizes vertical planters to grow garden vegetables on her deck since she doesn't have a yard. She practices herbalism, cans, does batch cooking, and is really smart when it comes to saving money at the grocery store. Right now, I'm really enjoying videos on the latter and started keeping track of what I'm spending on items I buy regularly. According to Cassandra, this is a good way to see when prices drop and what a good price actually is. When it hits that price, you can stock up and save money!



Talk to you soon!

Jessica ♡

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring is Here!๐ŸŒท

 Happy spring, friends!๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒฑ We've had a lot of rain here in the Hoosier state. It's getting warmer, and things are greening up. I can't wait for sunny days when I can go for walks and start working on my garden. This year, I'm planning to try my hand at container gardening. My garden plot is pretty small to start with. I like things that are straightforward and practical. So, this seems like it might be a good fit. And less weeding! Which is good, because I'm continuing to work through final tweaks for Champion's Sword . I should be done by the end of April. Then I'll move on to formatting, followed by one final read to check for commas and such. I'm looking forward to refilling my creative well and returning to drafting after so long in editing land.๐Ÿ˜‰ Reading . . . This month, I re-read Spells for Forgetting  by Adrienne Young. And I finally got my hands on Ignite  by Kara Swanson. If you've read Champion's Key , you'll understand why this ...

Visuals 2

I have been so busy this week, friends. How about you? I'm also super excited about "A Desperate Love" coming out! As we get closer to the release, I've been thinking about how crazy this journey has been. Did you know that I originally wrote the entire thing out with pencil and paper? The Entire Thing! Who does that? Me, apparently! Most recently I've been doing my editing amid construction noise.  This process has included, but has not been limited to, writing in my dining room within reach of a basketball hoop, saving money for a year to buy my Chrome Book, learning how to market myself online, typing for hours , going into work on my days off to type . . . etc., etc. Honestly, it is a story in itself! And now, I present to you, more pictures from my Desperate Love Pinterest board. These are a few of the pictures I used to inspire me and to keep me focused on what I had in mind. How I envision Lady Olivia. How I envi...

My Book, Vikings, and Fall

Obviously, the first thing I'm going to mention in this week's blog is the fact that A Desperate Love  has officially released! Yay!๐Ÿ˜ For those of you who live here, I am doing a giveaway at the Flora Library. Why not swing by and enter (Rules prohibit family from entering. Sorry!)? Grab a free key chain while you're at it (I made them myself, so supplies are limited.) ๐Ÿ•ฎ One of my sister's posted this picture of her copy of my book. Isn't it great? Speaking of sisters, another sister (I have a lot of them๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ) text me her opinion/personal review of my book. "AWESOME! I loved it! It was well written, intriguing, suspenseful, and had Christian principles without being cheesy!" --H. Maybe she's partial, but it made me feel so loved. ๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ•ฎ Thing I am watching this week: The History Channel's Vikings . I am 2/3 of the way through Season 1. I wasn't sure at first, but...